Sunday

Devil's Task - 1

The task the Devil had requested of me was a simple one. Prince Regomar had already bartered half his soul for some preternatural powers. The Devil was tired of waiting for the man to bargain away the rest of his soul.

I was to convince him it was time for bigger, better powers.

The Devil had even provided me with a map to the Prince's castle.

My first glimpse of the gloomy landscape, the aging structure, and I felt like I was coming home.

Worse, when I entered the building I immediately came upon a darkly compelling male, standing over a bloody kill.

"What the fuck is that?" I'd never seen such a creature before.

"Dinner," he raised his head and stormy gray eyes met mine. "Care to join me?"

I wanted to join this guy for a whole lot more than dinner. "Oh yeah."

6 comments:

Bobby "the Blue" said...

Looks like the start of a fun adventure.

That dead dragon looks a little mummified for my tastes. It might need some extra gravy.

Anonymous said...

A nice cream sauce of some kind, maybe? ;-)

Bobby "the Blue" said...

Perhaps for you, I know you love that. I can help you whip some up if you like! ;)

Dick Headley said...

Are you sure that isn't Dodge without the designer eye patch?

Anonymous said...

Now that's an offer I can't refuse, Bax. :)

Anonymous said...

Yes Dick, I'm sure.

And you will be too, before long. ;-)