Thursday

Just when I thought the atmosphere couldn't be improved any, some heavily armed men arrived, and the slimey little denizens had made themselves scarce.

"What do you think Indy?"

"You take the two on the right, I'll take the rest."

I reached into the top of my boots and wrapped my hands around my guns. I didn't get them out yet though, as the men weren't shooting at us yet, and it wouldn't be very nice of me to do so.

They started moving closer, and I readied for action.

My tension rose as the men gathered, raised their weapons. I could feel Indy stiffen behind me.

"Bitchy? What the fuck! They didn't tell me you'd be here."

I gaped at the nearest man. Like I could tell who he was behind that helmet. "And you are?"

"It's me, Herbert Squench."

Oh my god. I hadn't seen Herbert since high school. Fuck me, he'd been a geeky little nerd back then.

"Damn Herbert, you sure grew up."

"Um... babes, you know these guys?"

"BB? It's me, Irwin."

"Hey BB. Don't think you'd remember me, I'm Karl Louden."

I looked at Indy over my shoulder. "Looks like I do."

To be continued...

No comments: