Tuesday

Fuck it.

"I say I contact some friends of mine to play with Herbert and his gang." I had to shout to be heard over the wind as we flew towards the coast.

Indy pulled over at the next gas station that had an outdoor phone. I made the call and minutes later we pulled up at the warehouse, the men already geared up and waiting. One of them came forward and handed Indy a bag. He took it, dug inside and removed a first aid kit.

The bullet wound didn't look as bad after he'd cleaned it up. Once he'd bandaged it, and I'd pulled on the boots the men had provided me, I found I could use the leg again. I walked a few feet towards them, then looked back at Indy.

"What do you think, Indy? Okay with you?" Fuck, I knew they were okay. I'd gone hunting with them before.

I climbed back on the bike and Indy pulled back out onto the road.

We reached the beach before either of the other groups, changed, and took up our position. Indy dug a hole in the sand and stuffed the Gargoyle in it. Then he sat down next to it, and tugged me into his lap.

I was vaguely aware of the others arriving, the sounds of fighting, but not once did anyone bother us. Amazing what a little disguise will do.

Once my buddies reported that Herbert and company were taken care of, Indy and I took a walk along the beach.

And found a lovely isolated stretch, just right for a little unwinding.

To be continued...

No comments: