Wednesday

Bar None

Until... Shadowman strolled out of the bar and came to a stop behind me.

"Been a long time BB."

He was looking as dark and mysterious as ever. "Looking good Shadow."

"Why don't you come on in, let me buy you a drink? We can catch up on old times."

"I'm waiting for my lover, Shadow."

I should have known that news wouldn't affect him. He moved closer. Close enough that I could feel the heat radiating off of his body.

"Lucky man." He lifted a lock of my hair and ran it through his fingers. "Then so was I once." He leaned forward and smelled my hair. "Might as well wait inside for your man. Drinks on me."

It was only a drink after all.

I followed Shadow inside, surprised that there wasn't anyone else here. "How come there's no one drinking? Hey, you've got a stage in here now."

"New ownership. This place is a private club now. There are several members here already. More will show up as the night progresses."

He was right, too. As he showed me all the changes the new owner had brought about, men started wandering in from the back rooms.

"Say BB," Shadow stroked his fingers through my hair again. "Why don't dance for me?"

It really was a beautiful stage, and it had been far too long since I'd last let myself go that way. "Sure Shadow, I'll dance one for you."

If I'd only known then...

10 comments:

Renovatio said...

Ah, but the question here is, what kind of dance.

Anonymous said...

Hell of a question too, Ren. I've got my ideas, but I'm open to suggestions. ;-)

He said...

I envy you your creativity. But don't let us distract you.

Looking forward to seeing what happens next. Please feel free to include excruciating detail.

Anonymous said...

I'll be sure to elaborate, just for you, He.

Indiana said...

On stage, ready to tease all those men...you are in your element.

Anonymous said...

Just remember Indy, I'm saving a private lap dance for you later.

Indiana said...

What, only one?

Anonymous said...

If you're carrying that whip?

More than one. ;-)

Indiana said...

~crack~...wriggle that bum girl.

Anonymous said...

Yikes!
Oh man, that felt good.

See, I'm dancing, right?