Sunday

Indiana Jones & the Bone of Destiny - 9

Shit! Indy and I jumped at the same time, each narrowly avoiding the spinning blades that shot out of the ceiling and floor. We glanced at each other, feeling the building vibrate around us, and started to run.

The vibration turned into a teeth shaking rumble, just before a section of wall opened and a giant stone ball started rolling towards us.

"Why the hell didn't your father set these off?" I jumped over a chunk of rock that had fallen from the wall.

"Maybe something stuck." Indy shrugged as he rounded a corner then grabbed my arm and barely snagged me out of harms way as several spears blasted from the wall.

"Watch out for ninjas!" He yelled as we careened through the doorway leading outside.

We both removed our weapons as we raced across the barren ground.

"Spikes!" I jumped, scanning for any threat, then continued to run.

A high pitched whine gained in volume, echoed off the walls and hills around us.

"If that's what I think it is..." Indy latched onto my arm once again, and started dragging me towards a rounded mound of stone.

To be continued...

1 comment:

Jill said...

Those spikes look like pencil!