Wednesday

Indiana Jones & the Bone of Destiny - 2

"Damn it, I'm hearing that sound again."

I concentrated, trying to hear what Indy was hearing. "I hear something...but it sounds like it's ahead of us."

We continued forward, more slowly now than before. Just as we were nearing the end of the channel, Indy stopped again.

"What is it?" I flicked a glance at him and caught the wry curve of his lips. "You're just copping a feel, aren't you?"

He shrugged. "I'd fuck you right here, if I had time."

I was thinking we had plenty of time and started working on his belt when he trapped my hands between his.

"Look over there." He jerked his chin in the direction he wanted me to look.

"Who the hell is that, and what is he driving?"

"You'll find out soon enough." Indy kept one of my hands in his and led me out into the open.

"Fuck me, would you look at that?" I dug my heels in, my mouth hanging open at the sight of the building carved out of the rock itself.

"Come on, you can look at that later." He started dragging me towards the stranger and his machine.

He pulled me to a halt after we'd crossed in front of the vehicle, but didn't let go of my hand. I took that as a very bad sign.

"Well?" I raised a single eyebrow at him.

"I might ask you the same question Junior."

I shot a look at the new guy.

"What are you doing here, anyway?" Indy glared at the other man.

"Same thing you are, I'm here for the Bone of Destiny."

Indy cursed under his breath for several moments. "Fine, you can join us."

"What?" The stranger and I said at the same time.

"Why the fuck would we want that old guy along with us?" I narrowed my eyes at Indy.

"Old guy?"

Indy fired a scathing look at the man and waited until he'd stopped grumbling. "Because he's my father."

To be continued...

3 comments:

Jill said...

Are you gonna do the father and the son?

Anonymous said...

Well Jill, if you think about it a minute, you'll realize I've been "doing" one of them for a couple of weeks now.

Jill said...

I was talking about the paternal part of the equation!