Friday

The Odelisk - 2

It would have been nice if Big Dog would have given me a description of the man I was after. But no, for some reason they didn't feel I had a need to know that information.

Honestly, I think the pinheads didn't fucking know the information to begin with.

I started out across the island, figuring I'd run into people sooner or later, and could then use my wiles to figure out who this mysterious Mr. Smith was.

I saw a lot of those really big heads, but not another living soul until I'd wandered into a developed area. Even then, the person I ran into was an ancient lawns keeper, who was walking the fine line of dementia.

"What'd ya say he looked like?"

"I didn't."

The groundsman scruched his face in concentration. "There's a Taco Bell about half a mile from here."

After several minutes of this, I managed to find out that a man had recently rented a villa a short ways down the path. The only new resident to the island in the last three weeks.

4 comments:

Bobby "the Blue" said...

I'm surprised you didn't decide to play dominoes with those statues that are lined up so perfectly...

Anonymous said...

Ah, but I might need them later. :)

Dick Headley said...

I'd leave a comment but I'm not sure how far I want to get sucked in if you know what I mean.

Anonymous said...

OMG Dick, I can't believe you'd hesitate at a chance to get sucked all the way in. ;-)